Severe stomach pains, Dr said she could die if kidney infection enters bloodstream. What's happening ?

My girlfriend has been having sever stomach pains for the past 4days. She went to the hospital and she said they told her that They are trying to avoid a kidney infection and that she could die if it enters her bloodstream. She didn t tell me much because she as in so much pain do I don t really know what s going on? Can anyone tell me whats happening? And a possible solution to the problem? That or something to alleveate the pain? I don t want her to die.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012