Severe sore throat only while swallowing, taking hcg diet with drops, smoke. Causes?

I started taking HCG diet with the drops, and it s been about nine days. I have accumulated a really bad sore throat . It almost feels as if it could be caused from drainage... My nose is not runny, my eyes do not itch , and my ears do not hurt. It is only back of my throat- whenever I swallow ... This sore throat just kept on progressively worsening throughout the day and into the night. I stopped smoking cigarrettes for the first three or four days, but then I started back up again... Would smoking cause/influence my severe sore throat? I took an airborne type medicine and also some Vitamin C pills to help subside it. Please, if you have any answers and/or remedies, please let me know. I don t have insurance, therefore I can not go see a doctor... **email: YYYY@YYYY Sincerely, Jacqueline.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013