Severe pain under the breast, shortness of breath. Have marijuana addiction. On birth control. Are these related?

Hi. I m scared and don t know what to do. I have this really bad pain on my left side under my breast . It shows up out of nowhere and lasts about a good 5 or 6 mins. It happens a couple times a day. When i experience it i get shortness of breath and its a very sharp pain. Don t wanna move or take deep breaths. I started experiencing this after i had smoked med. marijuana. Stupid decision. Wish i didn t. Anyways, i take birth control ( ortho tri cyclen ) i know smoking while on birth control oral contraceptives can cause heart problems and circulation problems. Which is why i am asking this. Is this the reason i am experiencing this? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012
Hi Dear ,
Firstly You did not mention your age. The symptoms that you are telling may be related to heart disease and may be also related to gastritis disorder. You must concern Cardiologist and must go through some investigation like ECG,TMT, Lipidogarm which are necessary for you. you are also addicted of smoking which is also risk factor for heart diseases. So you must stop smoking. You are also taking Birth control contraceptive pills which contain estrogen, which can increase the risk for stroke, heart attack, and blood clots in some women. The risk is highest for women who smokes.