Severe pain post tonsillectomy, unable to eat solids. Taking roxicet, patch needs to be removed. Pain management techniques?

Hello Dr.Grief, My 21 year old daughter had a tonsillectomy on Friday (7/6). Today is the worst pain yet. She is taking Roxicet (liquid) every 4 hours. She also has a Scopolamine Patch-which needs to come off today. She is barely able to tolerate liquids, but I am keeping her hydrated. Her stomach is very upset, and the meds are not cutting the pain. Help! P.S. She is using an ice pack
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012