Severe pain in wrist, do not achieve full pronation and supination movement, Volar barton fracture. Done X ray. Suggestion?

hello doctor i met with accident on jan 2013 doctor said me it is a volar barton fracture on seeing my xray he said that conservative management wit pop cast is enough and i had it for 4 wks doc said that bone has united and he removed cast and asked me to do physiotherapy and hot fomentation for 2 wks and to use crepe bandage but 2 wks are over but my swelling in wrist has not subsided and i also have severe pain in wrist......... regarding movements ....i got 3/4 flexion of fingers but not full,i din get full pronation and supination movement....and flexion and extension of my wrist is also painful...please tell me wen ll i get full movement with no pain
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Welcome at HCM.

If your bones has properly united & there is no abnormality at that area then for limitation of movement you should do physiotherapy under supervision of a physiotherapist.This may some time take time.If it is taking more then 6 weeks then consult to your doctor & have evaluation by X RAY OR MRI.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.