Severe pain in upper jaw. Histroy of jaw surgery, and plates and screws from root canal for teeth above the same area. No infections. Help

HI i had upper jaw surgery 19 years ago and the last 10 months I have been getting really bad pain in my left upper jaw. I had root canal on both teeth 14 & 13 and the plates and screws are sitting right above that area. All the Dr's I have been to say they don't see infection but right where my pain is are the metal. I am scared to get the plates and scores removed because I don't want further complications. The drs are saying it is rare for them to be causing pain now but maybe the pain magnified they said with the 2 root canals although I can chew fine now its a constant throbbing in the left face and painful to touch....any suggestions....should I get them removed...???
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013