Severe pain in testicles, belly button with swelling, tests showed strained abdomen muscles, small hard knot on testicle. Cause of concern?

About a month ago i began to have severe pain in my growing area and testicles. Sometimes i would have pain near my belly button. My testicles were swollen to about twice their normal size. I thought that it might be a hernia so i went to the doctor. He said i just strained my lower abdomen muscles and that the pain and swelling were just side effects. A few days past and the pain began to lessen. I then found a soft lump on my left testicle. I self-diagnosed myself with a spermatocele . I masturbated and it went away, and so did the pain. I have now discovered a small hard knot on my right testicle. It is painless and is a little larger than the size of a bb. It is about halfway down from the top of my testicle and is facing towards my rear. I am not sexually active and i am 18 years old. Should i be worried? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012