Severe pain in right arm. What can be done?

I am getting somewhat random sharp pains in the back of my upper right arm , between the elbow and shoulder , somewhat closer to the elbow. They have been gradually getting worse. It seems to occur when I extend my arm, though far from every time - it seems perhaps that it happens when my arm HASN T been extended fully for a while and then I extend it - though sometimes it seems to happen for no reason. It only lasts a few seconds, a minute at the most - and afterwards and also just at random times, I can extend for all I m worth and I won t feel a thing, no matter how hard I extend my arm. The pain fades after it hits until it s gone, it doesn t just suddenly vanish, but once it s gone theres no trace of it until the next time it occurs.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
The pains that you have described are likely to be due to a muscular pain most likely caused by a wrong body posture. Taking mild pain killers and muscle relaxants will bring a short term relief. Regular exercise will be helpful.
Hope this will helps you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
General & Family Physician Dr. Palraj. I's  Response

Thanks for visiting HCM
Regarding the sharp pain while extrending your elbow shows many factors.
SINCE YOUR ARE not mentioning the age and occupation we can tell mainly due to sprain or arthritis. please consult near by ortho doctor .