Severe pain in ribs after waking up, short episodes lasting few hours. Causes and treatment?

My boyfriend has been complaining the last few weeks of his ribs hurting really bad when he wakes up in the morning. It seems to last a few hours after waking up and then eventually goes away until the next morning. Any idea what this could be? He is thinking about buying a new mattress but I m not sure the mattress is the problem.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with the possibility of FLATULENT DYSPEPSIA or ACID PEPTIC DYSPEPSIA may be the cause for his sufferings.

-either excessive acid secretion or diminished mucosal defense may cause this condition

possible causes;

-infection with Helicobacter Pylori
-eating spicy,junk food
-smoking,drinking alcohol
-taking too much pain killers
-sleeplessness are some causes

I hope this is helpful for you, thank you