Severe pain in hip area and nausea. Episodes of unusual body twisting. History of knee replacement. Sprain?

2 weeks ago I turned and went to climb up a step. (I was trying to catch a dog so I was bent over some and turned to the left) I heard a pop and felt a lot of pain in my left hip area. It was sore for a couple of days and went away. About a week ago, same scenario only I just twisted while standing, again to the left (again trying to catch a dog so was slightly bent over. Loud pop and severe pain in left hip.) Pain lasted a couple of days only after that when I tried to go upstairs I got sharp pains on the outer part of my left hip. Then 3 days ago I again stepped wrong and turned and was rewarded with pain that almost dropped me, and caused severe nausea. Now I am having a hard time putting any weight on that leg, and am unable to sit long. Question is, does this sound like just a sprain? The pain is bad enough to cause nausea if I walk. I have had both knees replaced, so am not a wimp when it comes to pain.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
could be sprain or even torn ligament. MRI would be helpful in diagnosis and treatment may be decided after diagnosis