Severe pain in femur and knee. History of broken bone set with rod. Reason?

I Broke my right femur bone in a car accident on October 6th 2011. I had to have a rod and two screws put in the next morning, It was broken in the middle..they said a clean break but the bone had moved so they had to set it. I was in a wheelchair for 4 months, they said I might limp for a year but with PT I was running in five months. My doctor was amazed with the results and recovery...but now I am having pain almost everyday,,even in my knee. It wakes me up at night. I want to know if I should get it taken out, maybe the screws are loose or something.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013