Severe one-sided headache, facial pain centered around the nasal bridge post accident. CT scan revealed severe sinus. Is it a result of trauma from the automobile accident?

I was involved in an automobile accident in January. I was rear ended; I had immediate head and neck pain . The following morning, I woke with severe pain in my face, specifically at the bridge of my nose. I presented to my primary care physician; no x-ray was taken. After one week, I began having severe headaches on the left side of my head. I was prescribed Vicodin . Having continued pain, I saw an ENT. A CT scan revealed that I have a severe sinus infection, however, only on the left side. Could the sinus infection be a result of the trauma from the automobile accident?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012