Severe itching over the body post delivery, scratching causes hives, pressure leaves marks, diagnosed to be urticaria. Cure?

Hi I am 26 years old and I just gave birth to my son 5 weeks ago. My labor was induced with pitosin and I was given an epidural too. A week after coming home from the hospital I started experiencing some unbearable itching. Nothing would relieves the itch. I had no idea what was causing it. I hadn t changed anything. I was using the same shampoos same body wash same detergent Everything was the same. So I really don t know what s causing my itch. Whenever I scratch I get hives and my scratch marks raise. Like welts. Putting any kind of pressure on my body leaves marks. I talked to my dr when I took my son for his check up and he told me it was urticaria That it was an allergic reaction probably to weather change That I should just take Benadryl and I would b ok. But I m not ok it s been 4 weeks and it s miserable. Pla help me find a cure to my itchiness.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012