Severe itching on lower part of legs, pimple like bumps on thighs, arms. Tried benadryl. Cure?

Hello. For about a month, I have been experiencing severe itching to my skin, particularly my legs. Initially, the itching only occurred when I would put on shorts at the gym. At that time, the lower part of my legs would itch like crazy. Now, I am noticing small pimple-like bumps appearing on my thighs and on my arms. The itching is super uncomfortable and I have tried everything, (i.e., benedryl , oatmeal soap calamine aveeno lotion). I don t have bed bugs. What should I do? Should I see a regular doctor or a dermatologist? Please help!
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
hello dear, it is probably an allergic reaction. it started with contact of your new shorts and now has become generalised. better see a dermatologist. for instant relief u can use a mild steroid lotion like desonide