Severe itching, legs, thighs, underarms covered in welts which resemble mosquito bites. Suggestions?

I woke up a few hours ago due to uncontrollable itching. I turned on the lights and my legs were covered in welts that resembled mosquito bites. When I first noticed, they were only on the inside of my thighs, but they ve since spread all over my legs and now underneath my arms. The itching is practically unbearable. I m not running a fever , and have no signs of illness . Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Dear Friend,
I can think of only, some allergic manifeastation ,probably from some food item. Some anti-histanines should give you relief.........Dr. Somanath Krishnan