Severe itching between spine and left shoulder blade. Take Cortizone for asthma, on treatment for thyroid. Possible cause ?

Hello, I am female, 67 years of age, 5ft tall and 70 kgs (I have regular cortizone for my serious asthma ) I am also being treated for thyroid problems. My question is - For very many years I have suffered from severe itching between my spine and left shoulder blade. Have tried everything I can think of without success. Is this possibly due to my thyroid problem or could it be notalgia paresthetica (I have only just heard of this problem) I have been told I have a slight curvature of the spine - could this be the cause of the notalgia, if that is what it is? Any ideas please and any thoughts on making my back more comfortable. Thank you very much.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013