Severe injury to the leg. Pain in the leg. Need stitches?

Hi I injured my leg last Wednesday , the floor board from my Harley got stuck in my leg.... I didn t go to the er and get stitches even though I should have. However I did go to my family doctor when I got back in town and she was really no help other than making an appt to a wound center . I m in a lot of pain and my leg and foot feel really cold and weird
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Hello and thanks for writing in at HCM
In my opinion their is not much precautions than will help you in home. Take some analgesic and anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and keep the leg raised, this will help you in reducing the pain. Go to the ER and get a proper aseptic dressing done.
You might be suffering from some wound infection or abscess. So don't get delay and get your self checked by your doctor.
Best Wishes
General & Family Physician Dr. Bimal Desai's  Response
Thanks for query,
A wound should not be closed after 3-4 days if not prepared first for gangrane purpose.
If you have cold limb you should immediately go to ER.