Severe headache persisting for a week. Pressure on the temple area. Not responding to Imatrex. Any suggestions?

I have been battling a headache for 6 days now. I have been to my doctor and to the ER but neither officially made a diagnosis. My doctor gave me Imatrex which did nothing and I ended up in the ER with an IV which was on Wednesday. Today (Friday) my temples feel like they are going to explode. There is no pain but constant pressure on both side.I do not know what to do. As I said, both side of my head feel like they are going to blow. Any thoughts or ideas? Please.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Sad to know about your headache. Does it starts abruptly or slowly proceeds to excruciating pain? At the very beginning of headache, can you identify any triggers like bright light, certain smells etc. precipitating the pain? Also is there any associated nasal congestion, watering from eyes, nausea, vomiting etc? I am keeping a tentative diagnosis of migraine for your problem & my advice is, as soon as you get first perception of headache (within first 10-15 min), you should immediately take any simple analgesic like paracetamol, ibuprofen, naproxen along with domperidone (antiemetic) which will lessen the severity of headache. Also consult your doctor to get tests like MRI brain to rule out any organic pathology. Good luck