Severe hair loss, had taken steroid shots for disc herniation, arthritis. Is it due to steroid excess?

I have received 4 epidural steriod injections from 7/30/12 - 10/10/12 for a herniated disc. Prior to these, I received a cortisone shot in my knee for arthritis and was taking a medrol dose pack at end of July with 3 weeks of the last injection I started loosing my hair. Severe hair loss has resulted in loss of over 60% of my hair. Can this be a result of too much steriod exposure. My primary seems to think so and even ran blood work to rule out thyroid issues. Would a dermatologist be able to help?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012