Severe hair fall, used to apply mintop with a cream that is not easily available. Suggestion?

hello doctor, i am debasree kundu , i have a big hair problem, my hair are curly & rough. ,so they break & fall with a huge ammount every day. with oil my hair are so chipchip & without oil they are so rough. at a parlor they give me mintop 2% and a cream , they told me take 2 table spoon cream, & 10ml mintop liquid and mix them well and use on sculp with massage, i will see a great result to use this , i will use this about 3 month twoise a week. but now i live in a diffrent district so i cant go to that parlour. i dont know the name of that cream. so i want to know with which cream i can use mintop again. or i can use it diarect li on sculp.please tell me doctor now i will fall on the same problem again. thanks
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Dec 2013
Hi Debasree,

Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

As per your query you have severe hair loss and you are applying mintop with a cream that is not easily available.

My dear friend we do use this lotion for hair fall problem but we never ever mix this lotion with any cream. I am really surprised to know that even parlours are prescribing the mediations in their own way. This is good that till now you haven't had any problem but in future be careful for such kind mixtures. That cream may contained steroids in it which temporarily reduced the problem but in long term it can cause potential side effects.

I request you to meet a proper dermatologist who can guide you best for your hair fall problem which appears to be simple male pattern baldness which every of male has got.

Other than this treatment follow a good dietary plan in your daily schedule. You should know that our hair are basically made up of proteins and supported by certain simple biochemical known as minerals and vitamins. So every of the food item which contains good amount of proteins with vitamins and minerals are best for maintenance and growth of good hair.

Hope this information helps you. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)