Severe fever, coughs, chills and sweats. Given Augmentin, have burning sensation in soft palate. Could this be a thrush?

Had a 103 temp with a continous dry cough, asthma , chills then sweats was put on augmentin mg 875 twice a day for 10 days, continued using ventolin (but that didn t work) and today I m experiencing a burning sensation on the soft palate (like eating spiced salsa) and only getting worse. Could this be thrush from my years of using inhaler . I had thrush years ago after using a cortison inhaler. Called primary today and said I ve not been able to cough up any mucus, expect for a dot of green mucus, this is after 10 days of antibiotics, he sent me to get a chest x-ray which was not ordered on the first onset of this health problem.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013