hello and welcome to HCM,
You are must do everything you can to treat the ear infection
, just a few pointers:
1. If the antibiotics are not working that well you need to take a swab of the pus and send it for a test called the culture and sensitivity test and initiate a proper treatment and make sure your doctor follows it up this time.
2. If the pain is worse and discharge is increasing you may consider injectable antibiotics and pain killers which can relieve your pain faster and more effectively
3. After the infection settles you need to undergo a complete check up of your ear drums by an ENT for preventing the infection in the future
4. If there is any problem with the drum then it must be addressed as soon as possible to give you a permanent relief.
5. Avoid meddling your ears especially with an ear bud and also do not allow any water to go inside the ear
take care and get well soon
Dr Sriram Nathan