Severe depression, chronic crying, intense fear about everything after living away from closed one. Solution?

hi doc , my mom is having a severe case of depression . doctors have told that it is severe depression and it will take time to get to normal . they are trying different medicines and nothing works i guess since she has not shown any improvment .initaillly when this started amonth ago all days were bad for her like she had chronic crying and stuff . nowadays it comes on and off like one day she is little bette r and the other day she is restless and she tries to get out of the house saying that she does nt want to stay there. sometimes she holds her head and shouts and she says something is going on in her brain . I also want to mention that she is already a psychiatric patient and on medication like chlroroopmine , tegeretol ,larap for 25yrs and she needs to take medication to sleep at night and it worked all these yrs for her . but suddenly last month she had this severe problems like not able to go to sleep, crying and sadness and want to die , no interest in anything , fear about everything like she even doesn t want to talk to anyone. she describes it as iam confused, i have fear and i am not able to do any household work. this spell of depression started after i came to usa ilve in usa and i went to india 3 months ago since my dad had a cardiac failure and he had his cabg done so i helped them throughout this process and she is bascically very attached to me and when the day i flew back to usa she had these problems . we dont know what caused this such a severe problems and we have never seen my mom like this she does nt want to talk to me on phone somedays she says i can t talk which is defenitely not my mom who used to be 4 months back. What is the solution for this doc. Thank you vanitha
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012