Severe cramps and redness on leg after vein removal, pricking sensation on the same side of fingers. Cause?

Hi I had a vein removed from my leg on Wednesday and today the pain has got worse. Feels like cramp . Also leg is red. Doctor on Thursday thought it maybe a reaction to something but anti reaction tablets haven t worked. Now worried it s something else. Also got pins and needles in fingers on the same side as the leg I had operation on
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
there can be pressuren nerve or local oedema after surgery which preess nerves
it may take time
you may take anti inflmator tabs to redice inflamation
keep the leg up for good circulation apply local ointments
and pressure bandage