Severe cough, difficulty in sleeping due to suffocation and vomiting, brown mucus. Remedy?

Hi, I ve been having a cough and runny nose going on for about two weeks. Finally on a weekend, I was totally sick with fever, body aches, massive headache and sore throat that eventually made me lose my voice. I went to see a doctor due to the fever and body aches. At that time, I had difficulties breathing and he hooked me up to a machine and I had to wear a mask and breathe in. I could breathe after for the next 5 hours. He prescribed me some cough syrup and An antibiotic. It didn t work. My last day of the antibiotic, I m still coughing like mad to the point I can t sleep, I wake up terrified that I m suffocating and vomit as well. I have no more fever, runny nose or sore throat. Just cough.... Massive coughing fits where by very little mucous comes out which is dark yellow, almost brown and I m vomitting from coughing so much.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012