Severe cough after getting exposed to polymeric sand. Prescribed with prednisone for pleurisy. Pain while eating

I recently (two days ago) worked with polymeric sand without a respiratory mask and I after inhaling the sand I have been having violent coughing. The dr in the ER told me I have pleurisy and gave me prednisone . I CAN NOT take the prednisone! I tried yesterday and it made me feel very uncomfortable! I have not eaten for a couple of days because I don t feel well but now when I drink anything it hurts in my right lung . Obviously, I would be coughing/choking if it were going into my lung but what is causing this pain/sensation? It s very scary!
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013