Severe continuous cough causing disturbed sleep, considerable improvement with Formonide. Will taking this for a long time cause side effects?

I am in London at present.Actually i am from India.I am suffering from severe cough and not able to sleep at night to continuious cough.After 10 days of suffering I was adviced by my Doctor a Pulmologist from India to use Formonide 2 puffs three times a day and I did this and the cough is reduced by 95% in two days time.This is the first time I have taken this in my life.I am 74 year old.I am scared to take tis inhaler .Shall I continue this and if yes for how long.Will there be any side effects.Pl advice. Sakala Advani. email address YYYY@YYYY Sorry no payment.My doctorPulmologist in Bangalore has already solved my problem without any payment.If you want to give advice free of cost you can do so,Otherwise thank you very much. With Fond regards. Mohan Advani
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012