Severe colitis in the small intestine. Symptoms worse due to stress. Heart murmurs and anxiety. What do you suggest?

I have been diagnosed with severe colitis in the small intestine . I have noticed when I start my monthly period, or when stress takes a toll it flares my bowels even worse. Should I be on some kind of anxiety medicine, I do have anxiety and when it bothers me I have heart mur murs. What do you suggest? The doctor has me on Loratab 5/500 and it does work up to a point, should I have him to increase the milligrams or talk to my gasterologists about this?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013