Severe cold, fever, cough, bright yellow mucous in nose. Taking medicines. Yellow liquid , matter of concern?

Hi, my fiance has been sick with a severe cold for the past few days. He has been running a mid-grade fever of 100-104 for the past 3 days which finally broke this morning. Now he is having bright yellow liquid coming from his nose . This is in addition to the normal mucus he is coughing up with his bad cough. he started taking cheratussin yesterday and mucinex D today after seeing the doctor yesterday and them telling him it was just a cold. Should we be concerned about this yellow liquid? It s freaking him out.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013