Severe cold, disturbed sleep, sinus pain, hard cough, sneezing. Suggest diet?

I have severe cold attack as explained to me by a local doctor at a reputed hospital. Symptoms: I cannot sleep at night without headcap,sweaters and socks thru out the year with No Air conditioner. Also I have little sinus pain when ever this cold aggrevates. I get little hard cough in my throat after I get up from bed in morning , every day. I do not have running nose, no cough or sneezing thru out the year. This cold feeling gets little better for few hours, when I apply mustard oil over my body. This is going thru this since I was 10 years of age, now till now (39 yrs). Kindly suggest , any medication to have to get over this or any food / dietary / supplements I should have to get over this in due time. Thanks shobhan das.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013