Severe case of laryngitis, possible bladder infection, blood in urine, has stent inserted. On cough syrup. Suggest?

I had a sever case of laryngitis in Dec 2012, while seeing my GP for this they gave me cough syrup with codiene. In a few days I had what seemed like bladder infection symptoms also. I went back to see if I had a bladder infection and in the urine sample they found blood in my urine. I was put on an antibiotic the symptoms subsided in a day or so. I was asked to return in 10 days to give another urine sample and they still found blood in the urine. I was then sent to a urologist who ordered a scan of the bladder and then examined me in his office also. He said I had a lump on the outside of my bladder and he was not able to see the left ureter clearly. He ordered an outpatient cystoscopy and biopsy of the lump. I had a stent put in for 1 week. That week I was uncomfortable, which I could understand. I returned to the urologists office on 2/4/13 and he removed the stent. He informed me all tests were normal, biopsy negative and I was informed I just have a very small ureter on the left side. I was very uncomfortable for the first day or two after the stent was removed which I also could understand. Over the past weekend I was terribly uncomfortable and called my urologist. He said that I may have swelling in the ureter and could have pain for up to two weeks. By Monday I called again and told him I was very uncomfortable so they had me come in and give a urine sample (however small) to culture. They could not culture it due to the small amount but since it was cloudy they put me on Ciprofloxacin. I have taken it for 2 full days and also one dose this a.m. Although I am no longer in severe pain I am uncomfortable with the pressure, bloating and constant feeling that I need to urinate. It seems my bladder is on my mind constantly. Is this normal? Is there anything that I can do to alleviate this feeling, I need to be able to leave a 10 ft radius of a bathroom soon.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013