Severe back and leg pain, fever. Fluid build up on the back bone. Fever persisting despite taking antibiotics. Cause?

my fiend, he is having continuous fever last one week (103).... he came back from qatar due to back pain and all of sudden not able to walk due to leg pain... after analysising with lovcal doctor, he is having some fluid store in his back end bone section.... and few antibiotics prescriobed and his back pain gone.. but still fever is coming & going evey day.. what will be causes for this...?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013