Severe acne on forehead, shoulders and back, have severe dysmenorrhea. Could that be the reason for acne?

Hi! I am a 20 year old relatively healthy and petite white female and I have been struggling with acne primarily on my forehead , shoulders and back for about two years now. I ve ruled my diet out as an option since I had to changeover to a healthier approach quite a couple of years ago due to problems related to poor and slow digestion , and I have tried, on many occasions, altering my diet in the hopes of improving my acne situation but to no avail. I have used a variety of products and supplements including benzac, differin, AHA and Zinc but none have worked. So far only Purbac has worked but I am becoming somewhat skeptical about taking it since I have for about over a year now and everytime I stop my skin goes back to it s worst within less than a month, and I am not entirely comfortable with antibiotics either. A related problem, however, could be the intense menstrual cramps I have been getting as of last year, I remember the doctor refering to it as dysmenorrhea , and upon doing research I find it can relate quite closely to acne. Do you have any recommendations for me please?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012