Sever headache and pyrexia, vomiting, high BP. Is diastolic pressure also a concern?

HI, my son is 5 years old and presented at A&E with 48 hour history of severe headache (not had one before) and pyrexia. 24 hour vomiting , unable to eat or tolerate fluids. he is now home and much better. However i was wondering about his blood pressure readings which were repeatedly 100/32 - 101/34. I know the systolic pressure is not very low but why is the diastolic pressure not a concern? the nurse wrote his mean pressure as 54. Just more of a wondering really.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012