Seizures controlled with medication, repeat seizures after removal of thyroid nodule. On lamical, onfi. Reasons ?

My mother suffers from epilepsy . Her seizures had been controlled with medication for the past 25 years. However, this year after she had surgery to remove her a thyroid nodule , she has been having frequent seizures. She developed a mixture of non epilectic and epilectic seizures. She is currently seeing a doctor in columbia pres in new york but we are looking for a second opinion. Her seizures continues and we don t know why. She is currently taking lamical rx (400mg) and onfi (10mg) daily. I am looking for a good neurolgoist that could help determine what is going on with my mother, who will be turning 60 this november.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012