Scratched throat while eating. How can I treat this?

The other day I ate some food, trying to eat fast to rush to an appointment, during that time i felt like i scratched my throat , thinking the irritation would go away, I decided not to see anyone. It irritated the whole day and i woke up unusually early due to the irritation. (Ever feel like a pine needle is poking through your jeans? Well it feels like that on the right side of my throat. Instead of my jeans, it is my tongue that causes the irritation.) It feels like it is on the right side on the upper area of my though (perhaps near the soft palate?) How can i treat this?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
July 2014
thanks for your query, i have gone through your question, the irritation or pain could be because of the ulcer secondary to trauma caused by the food...nothing to worry, use topical analgesics and anesthetics...if it doesnt subside then consult a oral physician for complete examination and prompt management...til then keep doing saline gargling..i hope my answer will help you
with regards
Dr.Mahesh Kumar T.S