Scar tissue at the incision site of plantar faciitis, severe discomfort. Any suggestions?

I had surgery for Plantar Faciitis about two years ago. The surgery itself was a success and I couldn t be more happy. However, I ve developed scar tissue at the incision site locate on the inside of my right heel. It s a single incision, about 1 long. My doctor told me to massage it but didn t say how long and I didn t ask so of course I ve stopped...some time ago actually. I m afraid it may be too late and I m stuck with the discomfort...any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013