Scalp, ear itching after taking hydrochlorothiazide for high BP. Side effect of medication?

I have been taking Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg per day for the past 20 years for high blood pressure control purposes. However, I think I have developed a side effect i.e. about an hour after taking my daily dose my scalp begins to itch all over and also the entrance of my ears does likewise. If I take benedryl the itching gradually diminishes over the next 2 hrs. Does this sound like a legitimate sideeffect of this drug? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012