Scab on penis, red bumps. Could it be an STD?

Hello, one night i was just rubbing very gently my boyfriend s penis with my fingertips and i felt something rough.. so i took a closer look without him noticing me and it s a scab... and also probably about September or October we were having sex a lot then as well and he got a few red bumps. I figured it was because of us having sex so often... what made me second think that is when i seen in his phone history he search what are red bumps on my penis, and he ended the question by saying could itbe an std?? Can you please help me out here!! I dont think it itches, burns or hurt to touch he shows no signs of that.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Sexologist 's  Response
Dear , Be relaxed first all bumps and red spots not always STD. he may be having fungal or mixed infection ask him to consult a dermatologist and if you have doubt you yourself get checked by a Gyneac. .. but my opinion is without confirmation don't bring doubts in your mind.