Salivary duct infection, infection die to stone. Operation needed?

Dear Dr. A K Raiguru, I, R.K.Padhee from Rourkela, suffering an infection in my seliva duct, Doctor of IGH, Rourkela, ENT Mr . D.Sahu told infection due to a stone . He suggest me to remove that gland by operation. What to do. I want to meet you personally. Pl. give your telephone no so I can contact with you. Pl. help. Thanking you yours Padhee
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding treatment for stone in salivary gland.

In this connection I would like to say that it has to be decided weather your stone is in duct of salivary glad or it is in the salivary gland tissue itself. If stone is in the duct than only removal of stone will do the job while on the other hand if it is in the gland tissue itself than removal of gland is the only curative surgery.

For deciding the location of stone ultrasonography of the gland concern is the requared investigation.