Ruptured eardrum, taken medicines and nasal spray. Anything else to do?

hi Dr Samuel, I ruptured/punctured my eardrum some yrs ago with an earbud cleaning inside my ear, and have had severe problems hearing and talking ever since as well as breathing difficulties, blockage and reverberation. It has also severly affected my social skills and confidence and understanding, and has not made social interaction pleasant. I saw an ear, nose and throat doctor in england but they couldn t find a problem. It was only after seeing my local GP recently that I found out I have fluid in my ear canal? so I was given some medicines and nasal spray but i m not sure it ll all work as I thought it should be drained. I have to complete the medicines and nasal spray though before I can be referred to an ENT if nothing changes. Is there anything else I can maybe do for myself to speed up the healing process? Thanks very much in advance. Olivia
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012