Round, hard bump on the ear, sore to touch, no other symptom. Treatment required?

My 7 year old daughter woke up this morning complaining her earring post must have irritated her while she was sleeping. Upon closer inspection of the area I noticed there wasn t any hole or mark which an earring post would have left. It is a pea size ,round hard bump that does not move when touched. She is complaining of it being sore to the touch. She doesn t have any other symptoms. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

The area of the earring being sore with a bump could be an early sign of infection or reaction to the earring, esp if the ear was pierced recently. If the ear was pierced long ago then it maybe a Keloid formation. If the soreness continues for more than a day it is advisable to meet the ENT specialist to take due medications.

I thank you for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. I you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.