Rough patch inside lower lip, increasing. What to do?

I have first noticed a small rough patch on the inside of my lower lip(left side). The rough patch grew for about a month. Then I began to feel it on the right side of the inside of my lower lip. The feeling has gone from rough with no pain, to smoother but not its normal smoothness with a taste or rawness( if you can understand that taste) to now pain in the very bottom crease of where my humus and the inside of my lower lip meets. I am growing increasingly worried. My Dr. blew it off. Please let me know what to do. My mouth has never felt like this before.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Thanks for the query,

Probably you are suffering from leukoplakia.

Other possibilities are oral LP and candida.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

A photograph would have helped in diagnosing.

The treatment will vary from oral pastes to Intra lesional injections

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you