Right testicle pain since years, no success with various medicines, done testicle surgery, suggested cord block. What is this and will it help?

Hello I have had right testicle pain for several years now. I have been treated with several different antibiotics with no success. I had surgery on the testicle 2 years ago, I think on the epididemys and the pain went away for awhile and came back. My doctor now suggests I go into the office for a cord block? Can you tell me what this is and does it usually help?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012