Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Early treatment is the most effective way to prevent any serious complications of carpal tunnel syndrome
. Waiting to begin methods of treatment can only decrease any chances of recovery. Kindly follow the following steps.
1. Take a break off of work, sports, or other strenuous activities that may negatively affect your hand.
2. Wearing a wrist splint
may be very helpful in relieving pain and excess pressure on the meridian nerve
3. Anti-inflammatory drugs and steroids
(often injected) are most common. Ask your treaing doctor.
4. In many cases, forms of yoga
are helpful to those experiencing pain from carpal tunnel syndrome. Visiting a physical therapist for advice may also be helpful.
5. Receiving a massage
of the hand and wrist may be very helpful in reducing the symptoms of this condition.
6. Applying ice packs to the area may help to temporarily relieve pain and possible swelling.
7. Avoid repetitive activities at home and work that may be harsh on your wrist. If only one of your hands is affected, attempt to use the other one as much as possible.
8. If above mentioned non-surgical methods have not worked and the pain from carpal tunnel syndrome has continued for over 6 months, surgery is recommended. Performing surgery may help to prevent long-term complications. Types of surgery most commonly performed are open-hand surgery and endoscopic surgery