Right hand pain, diagnosed to be carpal tunnel syndrome, advised operation. Any other option?

Hi, I am computer professional. I was having pain in right hand . I showed to Sanjeev Jain from Hiranandani. It was diagnosed as Carpel Tunnel Syndrome . He advised operation is the only solution. I was not comfortable with his suggestion. After some days left hand started paining. Later pain started in right shoulder . Not really sure of issue. Pain is such severe that I could not lift my hand in morning. Tried all types of painkillers and vitamin tablets. But no luck!!!
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012