Respiratory problem, vomiting, feel stressed and faint due to loud sound. What could be my problem?

I have some respiratory problems as well as i feel vomiting mostly...... And also i feel myself unable to listen some loud sound...and u know whenever I listens loud voice, i start reacting very differently...and even sometimes due to loud voice, I faints too... And...also I cos of loud voice, i feels stress and .... I every time feels myself in a faint situation... So, what you think about my problem?????....Please reply soon... Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. You might be suffering from Ligyrophobia, sometimes known as phonophobia. It is the fear of loud noises. The phobia is more common in children than in adults. Now a days this is treated as a developmental disorder.

A simple noise phobia is easy to treat, but if other diseases are present such as Asperger's Syndrome to Meniere's disease it could pose difficult. Therefore you need medical intervention. Consult a physician or a mental health professional.

Hope this clears your doubt. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.