Renal Cyst with hypertension, BPH been on uroxatral for over one year

Good evening. I m 55, male, with E.D., hypertension (4 years), BPH been on Uroxatral for over one year (I still get up in the night), DVT , A recent CT for a bi-lateral pulmonary embolism (2 years ago) follow-up, revealed an 8mm cyst on (something I can t pronounce )- renal. I have asked my urologist to take a look. Are these cysts common? Could the cyst be causing the urinary issues of frequency and embarrassing incontinence? When I have the cyst removed, will it likely return? Routine blood tests indicate no kidney or liver issues. My hope is the cyst removal will relieve the pressure. What could cause them? Is there a best and worst-case scenario? I am very concerned. Thank you! Peace, Dave
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011