Removed cast after ankle fracture. Unable to walk, unbearable pain. Is it common?

hai sir, i have under gone ankle fracture 1 month ago and just got removed my cast 2days ago ,my ankle fracture was with pop up but had active toe movement ,my problem is that i am unable to walk now if i keep my foot on the floor and try to start getting up i am experiencing unbearable pain ,but my doctor asked me to start walking slowly but i am unable to walk ,is this common issue when will i be able to walk please answer my question
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013