Redness, itchiness in the area between leg and scrotum. Is it an infection, caused by sweat?

Once in a while after work when I get home and have a shower I notice that the area directly between my leg and scrotum is very red and itchy and it just seems really warm. Today this has happened again. It s not every day, only once in a while. I put baby powder on it and it makes it feel better after a couple minutes, the itch is gone as long as I pour enough baby powder on it. Can anyone tell me if this is caused by any sort of infection or anything. I am pretty sure it is not an std . It only happens maybe once or twice a week at the most and usually only when I work so i think it might be caused by sweating too much? Is there anything it could be and can anyone please tell me what to do to prevent it if possible. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012