Redness in glossopalatine arch. Roommate diagnosed with mono. Redness symptom of mono?

Hi, my Glossopalatine arch has been really red for about a week, and it is rather sore. I ve been very paranoid, becasue my roommate has mono, and although I have been very careful about using the same dishes since she got diagnosed, before her diagnosis we had shared dishes. I ve read that mono is very contagious. Is redness in the glossaopalatine arch an early symptom of mono? What can I do to treat this redness?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanks for your querry...
just search for any neck nodes or generalized nodes on all over body, fever and sorethroat, just a redness doesnt confirmatory for mono, just wait and watch and do antiseptic gargles and if you have any features then consult to your physician. thanks have a nice day.